Jade & Scott Travel Diary

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What can you say about the Greek Island??

Morning all
Well we are currently on a 24 hour cruise from Corfu to Venice. Corfu is a tropical island of Greece and its beautiful. We spent 3 days there chilling at the beaches and the hotel pool and it was what we needed and it was finally good to see a beach with sand and not pebbles!! Funny thing about Europe though is that you have to PAY to sit on the beach - crazy really! Another crazy thing is that hardly anyone goes in the water and most people sit naked sunbaking....

On the 3rd day we had a contiki boat trip around 3 islands with a really funny guy called George. A real character and he made the day really enjoyable for everyone. This was definetely the highlight of the tour so far for Scott. He went parasailing over the islands while I sat back and got a tan. But for those that know how much i freak out at deep water you should be proud - we had a stop along the way and I jumped off the boat into the water!!! Scott was very proud of me - took me about 10mins to get the guts to do it but glad I did as the water here is so clear and warm and I figured with 40 other people around me if I started freaking out someone would rescue me!

So the Greek Islands have been a blast - everyone on tour is starting to get sick though which is a bummer - Scott has been struck down and there is also a few people with 24 hour stomach bugs so Im trying to keep away from everyoen! Although Ive been attacked by bed bugs and look gross with lumps over my whole body so I think people are trying to stay away from me anyway!!!!

Scott would like to mention that he loves the crows and is really happy with how they are travelling as well but whats going on with port and how on earth did they get into the 8??? ;-)

Hope all is well back home. We have enjoyed getting everyones emails to catch up on the goss on whats been happening as I have my homesick moments and enjoy reading about home. Happy Birthday to Steve and Andrew and the presents in the mail ;-)

Anyway must be off - the boat docks to Venice in 1.5 hours at 1030am so we need to go get some breakfast and then meet everyone up deck to see the apparently awesome view coming into Venice.

Again - sory no photos - didnt think they had internet on the boat so didnt bring our camera cables - as soon as we can get to another internet joint we will download quite a few pics from the last few blogs!


PS - Megan B - hope all is going well with junior ;-)